Center for Philanthropy
Appointments: The Resource Center for Philanthropy is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You must make an appointment before coming to the RCP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: Monday through Friday,
12 pm to 5 pm
Location: 133 Federal Street, Suite 802, Boston MA (map)
Please Note: The Resource Center for Philanthropy is an exclusive benefit of joining AGM as a Grant Making Member or as a Nonprofit Partner. You can learn more about joining AGM here or view this list of alternative resources.
AGM's GRANT MAKING MEMBERS use the Resource Center for Philanthropy to:
- Research trends in charitable giving, fundraising practices,
and nonprofit management;
- Identify best practices in foundation administration and find
useful workbooks, guidelines, and articles from other practitioners
and experts in the field;
- Research potential grantees;
- Enhance knowledge of important issues such as evaluation,
ethics, board development, financial management, government
regulation, and legal issues;
- Tap into the collective expertise of other members and AGM
- Obtain help with research from the Resource Center staff.
AGM's NONPROFIT PARTNERS use the Resource
Center for Philanthropy to:
- Identify potential sources of grants matching their programmatic,
geographic, and population focus;
- Research local and national foundations, corporate giving
programs, and community funders; and,
- Access online research tools including AGM's Grant Makers Directory & Request for Proposals Database, Foundation Center's Online Directory and Guidestar Premium.
The Resource Center for Philanthropy (RCP) has been serving the philanthropic community since it was established in 1970. Along with a comprehensive collection of online resources for both the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors, the RCP also houses a consolidated collection of print resources to help promote effective and responsible philanthropy in our region.
We encourage you to make an appointment to visit the RCP and check out the resources first-hand.