Jewish Vocational Service (JVS), a non-profit workforce development organization, is seeking a qualified candidate for a Career Coach position within Refugee services department.
Position Summary: The Career Coach is responsible for working with clients to advance their careers and connect to quality jobs, training or education. This individual will develop strong relationships within immigrant and refugee communities; including community based organizations, training and educational providers. They will provide high quality career counseling, training, and job placement assistance to designated participants with the goal of assisting them to achieve long term, economic sustainability. The Career Coach initiates and sustains collaborative working relationships with a variety of businesses in the greater Boston area. This individual must have a strong knowledge about resources within the greater Boston community as well as experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate Degree in Human Services, Business Administration or related field is required
- 1-3 years of experience in workforce development or related field required
- Experience in marketing and outreach desired
- Proficiency in a language spoken by immigrant participants preferred (Somali, Arabic, French or Haitian Creole)
- Familiarity with career ladders and professional advancement preferred
- Familiarity with training and educational resources preferred
- Knowledge of community resources and web-based resources preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required
- Frequent meeting with clients and employers
- May be requested to work outside of scheduled hours as defined by the needs of the department
- Frequent travel by public transportation to employer locations
- Will attend occasional off-site meetings with partner organizations in and around the greater Boston area
JVS BENEFITS: As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering.
JVS CULTURE: JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.