MassVOTE is seeking a Communica3ons & Advocacy Manager
Location: Downtown Boston. Status: Full time
The Communications & Advocacy Manager will establish and maintain messaging of MassVOTE’s short-and long-term goals of voter engagement and voting rights issue-based advocacy. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-issue environment with overlapping short-term and long-term deadlines; attention to detail; strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills. Interest in community advocacy and legislative affairs are necessary.
70% of the job is communications and 30% outreach and advocacy
- Develop communications strategies and timelines.
- Manage and grow MassVOTE’s online advocacy and supporter list, social media audience and website presence.
- Create opportunities and narratives to highlight Mass VOTE’s accomplishments
- Drafting press releases, fact sheets/talking points, and maintaining relationships with media
- Interacting and communicating with partner organizations and stakeholders on MassVOTE’s advocacy agenda.
- Help maintain relationships with elected officials, election stakeholders, and community partners to further promote the goals of MassVOTE.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, as well as organizational skills and the ability to follow up and meet deadlines.
- Experience using different media channels to deliver program and marketing content
- Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically.
- Transferable knowledge and experience from working with diverse communities, youth, new citizens, nonprofits, and familiarity with voting and elections.
- Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Action Network or similar online organizing database and platform, basic web and graphic design.
- College degree in Political Science, Government, Communications, or a related field.
Start Date: Mid -September
Salary range: @$50,000 depending on experience, plus health care and standard benefits
To Apply Submit:
- Cover letter - no more than 3-4 paragraphs. In cover letter or email give one example of an activity you’ve done or interest you have related to voting and voting rights
- Send to Cheryl Clyburn Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line:
Communications & Advocacy Manager
Deadline: Monday August 20
MassVOTE works to promote a culture of ac-ve poli-cal par-cipa-on by providing civic organizations the tools they need to organize, register, and educate voters, with an emphasis on
historically disenfranchised communities. MassVOTE builds civic coali-ons to advocate for democracy reforms that make the electoral process more accountable and accessible to all
people. MassVOTE is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization and actively seeks candidates with experience working with diverse communities