St. Francis House is the largest day shelter in New England. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, we serve over 800 poor and homeless men and women a day, 365 days a year. Our basic and rehabilitative services overlap and build on one another to provide our guests with continuous and comprehensive care.
For 27 years, we have welcomed poor and homeless men and women who fear that their best days are behind them. We provide services, support, and a glimpse of what their lives can become: productive, healthy, fulfilling.
At St. Francis House, our mission and approach are simple: We believe in the worth of every human being, and we know from experience that when people have the right tools, change can happen. That’s why we provide our guests with everything they need to reclaim their dignity and rebuild their lives: nutritious meals, clothing, access to medical care, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, and housing. For more information visit www.stfrancishouse.org.
We are currently seeking a Development Associate to provide support for a variety of Development operations including gift processing, gift acknowledgment, updating and maintaining data in Raiser’s Edge, as well as providing ad hoc support for special projects and events in support of Development and agency goals. Specific responsibilities include:
- Processes all gifts that come to 39 Boylston Street and the lockbox company
- Acts as a first line of contact for general donor inquiries and inquiries through the website
- Maintains accurate records on all active donors in Raiser’s Edge database
- Prepares and mails timely donor acknowledgments for all gifts
- Coordinates all aspects of matching gifts and tribute programs
- Promotes Stewardship of donors through attention to detail and prompt response to inquiries
- Maintains up-to-date central filing system including files for the Planned Giving Program
- Addresses donor comments and contributions returned or rejected for any reason
- Maintains department calendar
- Provides administrative support to the Development Department
- Coordinates Development volunteers, interns and (when appropriate) temporary employees
- Prepares reports and correspondence as needed
- Assists with special projects and events in support of fundraising priorities
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Word; Excel and Raiser’s Edge database software.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a very competitive salary and extensive benefits including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Four weeks paid Vacation per year
- Twelve paid Holidays per year
- Twelve paid Sick Days per year
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Human Resources,
St. Francis House, 39 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116