HIP seeks a full-time Grants Coordinator to assist HIP’s Development and Programs teams in managing the grant reporting process, tracking deliverables for existing grants, and assisting in the fundraising process including researching and applying for funding opportunities. The ideal candidate is a skilled and talented writer and editor with impeccable organizational skills.
This full-time position will be based in HIP’s headquarters in Oakland, CA, Washington D.C., or New York City, NY.
Manage the grant reporting process, which includes:
- Using the Salesforce database to monitor the grant report schedule and making sure all team members are apprised of upcoming deadlines.
- Coordinating the writing, review, and submission process for all reports. Serve as lead writer for all general grant reports, and support program staff in the writing and editing of their program-specific grant reports.
- Work with program staff to review and define outcomes and indicators for each new grant received, and develop systems to track those deliverables, to ensure that HIP is meeting its obligations to its funding partners.
- Manage and update grant proposals and report information in HIP’s grant database system (Salesforce)
- Conduct regular prospect research to identify new grant opportunities, in coordination with HIP’s Program staff
- Assist in the writing, preparation, and submission of grant proposals, as needed.
- Administrative tasks pertaining to the Development department including processing incoming grant payments and donations, tracking in the Salesforce database, and acknowledging donors.
- Other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for Latinx issues and HIP’s mission
- Prior grant writing/ grant reporting experience is preferred
- Accuracy and clarity in all writing, research and editing tasks
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep track of and make progress on various tasks at the same time
- High professional and ethical standards
- A proven track record of results, an ability to be focused and detailed, to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks, to be organized and effective
- Must be a flexible team player, while keeping a big-picture perspective and a sense of humor
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and respond with aplomb to the unexpected
- Must be tech savvy with a demonstrated proficiency in a Windows environment, including word processing, database and spreadsheet work
- Experience and high comfort level in multicultural or international environments (including the Americas), a plus
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- A high degree of independence, creativity, and initiative
- Collaborative yet innovative thinker that enjoys working across teams, disciplines, and work environments
- Comfort working with remote offices
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not essential
- Proficiency with CRM databases (HIP uses Salesforce) and Google Drive
- Experience working on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion; experience working on these issues in the Latinx community a plus
HIP offers a competitive compensation package with benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, as well as paid vacation, holidays, and sick time. HIP expects the salary to be in the range of $48,000 – $52,000 annually, dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to email@example.com. Include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Grants Coordinator”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date.
- Two writing samples. This could be a grant proposal or grant report (preferred) or another professional sample that showcases your skills.
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.