The Home's mission of ensuring the healthy development of children at risk, their families and communities clearly reflects its commitment to making a difference to children so that they can grow to be effective and contributing members of the community. In addition, the mission recognizes that children, to experience healthy growth, depend upon an environment that nurtures them, most specifically their families and the communities in which they live. The Home will carry out this mission through an integrated system of prevention, advocacy, research, and a continuum of direct services.
Under the direction of the Director of Special Events, the Special Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting the planning, management and implementation of the Home for Little Wanderers special events including fundraising events, cultivation events, in-kind gift drives, public relations events and all third-party events that support charitable purposes of the Home.
General Event Support
- Participate in the planning, management and implementation of all The Home for Little Wanderers special events in coordination with the Director of Special Events and the Development team
- Organize and implement all mailings associated with inviting, soliciting and thanking event participants and sponsors
- Work with the Development team to ensure sponsors provide required materials leading up the events, including ad materials, sponsorship forms, and attendee lists.
- Enter all participant information into event tracking software.
- Assist the Volunteer Manager with planning as needed including, but not limited to, organizing volunteer groups, coordinating with program and facilities staff, ordering supplies and on-site support the day of events.
- Work with the Communications Manager on marketing special events, including posting on the Home’s website and social media and in newsletters
- Responsible for receiving and distributing all in-kind donations.
- Manage all in-kind drives at The Home, including coat drives, backpack drives, Thanksgiving food drives, and Big Wishes holiday gift drives.
- Manage the process of working with programs during Big Wishes, ensuring they obtain and post client wish lists and field questions from donors about wishes posted. Manage the back end of the Big Wishes web site.
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to support the Big Wishes efforts to gather and distribute thousands of gifts annually through the Toy Room.
Third Party Events
- Oversee all third party events for The Home.
- Represent The Home as needed on committees of outside groups sponsoring such events, support efforts and attend the events as necessary.
- Act as a point of contact for all individuals and corporations that sponsor events.
- Coordinate Marathon fundraising and team management efforts
- Responsible for special projects involving community outreach and donor cultivation
- Enter and track special event data in Raiser’s Edge database, and report on results.
- Manage special event websites including, but not limited to; Bidpal, First Giving, and the Big Wishes Gift Drive
- Work with Development Database Manager to research new event modules and software to ensure the agency is using the most effective software
Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to three years event experience preferred
- Client service and relationship management experience
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and development software such as Raiser’s Edge and Bid Pal
- Ability to work closely with others and remain flexible to changing needs
- Some evening and weekend hours required to meet deadline and for specific events
- Some local travel: car required
Full application and info to apply here.