The Martin Richard Charitable Foundation was founded in 2014 in honor of Martin Richard who was killed when two bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013. In the days after, Martin’s photo holding a handmade poster that read “No more hurting people, peace” was shared around the world. His message created a movement of kindness, inclusion, sportsmanship, and peace – values that have become the pillars of the Foundation’s mission to encourage future generations to live out through positive civic engagement.
The Martin Richard Foundation is a movement helping young people to learn, grow and lead through volunteerism and community engagement. By encouraging people to choose kindness, work for inclusion, and embrace diversity in local communities, we aim to influence a generation to build bridges of cultural understanding and deepen community and neighborhood connections.
POSITION: Team Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time
HOURS: Varies upon season; 9:00–5:00 with evenings and weekends as required
The Martin Richard Foundation is looking for a dynamic individual to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks in the operations area of our Foundation.
This individual will handle all administrative duties for the office such as the setting up a mail system, ordering supplies, processing donations and CRM management, coordinating acknowledgement letters, paying bills and overseeing bank deposits and matching gift requests.
S/he will be responsible for managing existing Foundation vendors and tracking invoices and contracts. Acting as a liaison between our apparel supplier and our warehouse, s/he will manage the Foundation’s online store and stock of apparel and promotional items, reordering as needed.
The successful candidate will also maintain the Foundation’s website and calendar of events, updating regularly. S/he will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director and Communications Leader in ensuring that the website design is fresh and current.
In addition, s/he will maintain the Giving Database, and prepare grant letters and agreements for the Executive Director as instructed.
This position requires some late hours to cover evening and weekend events with an expected increase in hours in March and April and mandatory work on April 15th.
The individual in this role works with and under the direction of the Executive Director. S/he is part of a future team of three to four employees who all have specific areas of focus within the Foundation.
- Set-up an efficient mailing system.
- Track and order office supplies as well as coordinating waterstop and Expo supplies.
- Manage the Foundation’s on-line store replenishing stock as needed.
- Process donations and acknowledgement letters on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the current CRM creating reporting systems for the Executive Director.
- Manage Team MR8 runner pages within the Foundation’s online fundraising platform.
- Maintain the Foundation’s website and calendar of events.
- Oversee the Giving Database while preparing grant letters and agreements for the Executive Director
- Handle vendor management, invoice and contract tracking and payment of bills.
- Develop comprehensive donor reports and submit periodic summary giving reports to the Executive Director.
- Monitor program expenditures ensuring that budget allocations are adhered to.
- Assist in evaluating program effectiveness in order to develop improved methods.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience in related field required, particularly in nonprofit management & coordination, foundation relations, fundraising & development, project coordination and/or program support
- Proven experience as an office manager or a relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Tech savvy, must be highly proficient in MS Office and Apple
- Capable of office management duties
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Martin Richard Foundation
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends, with some light travel throughout MA.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, motivated team player with knowledge of office procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Skilled in balancing a small office
- Creative skills with experience in web-based programs such as Adobe Illustrator
- Innovative and entrepreneurial outlook
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Martin Richard Foundation
1452 Dorchester Avenue, 4th Floor, Dorchester, MA 02122