AGM Members also receive discounts and access to these services, thanks to AGM’s membership with United Philanthropy Forum (formerly The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers). For more information on any of these benefits, contact AGM, 617-426-2606 x115.
- Alliance Magazine - Leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector.
- Bromelkamp Company - 5% discount available for Akoya.net Software for grantmakers
- ClickTime - discount on its time and expense tracking services
- D&O Insurance - The Forum-endorsed D&O program is available to all grantmaking foundations
- Exponent Philanthropy - Resources and Programs available to complement your existing offerings.
- The Foundation Review- 10% subscription discount
- Guest Membership Program- RA "guest membership" program mutually extends member rates on programs to board members of grantmaking institutions that are members of one regional association but who live in an area served by a different regional association. Contact Ramani Sripada at AGM for more details.
- Guidestar - 20% discount on popular products including GuideStar Premium and Pro, Financial SCAN, GuideStar Nonprofit Compensation Report and GuideStar Charity Check.
- Quovo- A 20% discount is available for a web dashboard that aggregates investment accounts
- ReadyTalk- Low cost audio and web conferencing
- Stanford Social Innovation Review- Subscription discount for members; free for AGM Circle of Champion Members
United Philanthropy Forum is pleased to partner with Alliance magazine to offer AGM members a 20% discount on new print and digital subscriptions. Simply enter 'Forum20' at checkout to claim your discount. Since 1998 Alliance magazine has been the leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector. The latest 12 issues of Alliance are behind a paywall and are available only for subscribers, although selected articles are made freely available.
Exponent Philanthropy is a vibrant community of funders, with nearly 2,000 members, and the only philanthropy-serving organization dedicated to serving leanly-staffed foundations, philanthropic families, and individual donors. Since its inception 20+ years ago,
Exponent has built a reputation for putting on high-quality programs and developing useful publications and resources.
Listed below is menu of opportunities for United Philanthropy Forum members to partner with Exponent Philanthropy. Exponent is offering these opportunities exclusively to Forum members, and developed them in consultation with Forum staff. These opportunities are designed to broaden the use and awareness of Exponent’s work in a way that complements existing programming and resources in the field.
1. Publication Discounts
A 20% discount on its signature publications:
- • Foundation Guidebook
- • Trustee Handbook
- • Foundation Operations & Management Report
To receive the discounts, United Philanthropy Forum members agree to communicate information about the publications and the discount to their membership at least twice per year.
Please contact Jeanne Metzger at Jeanne@exponentphilanthropy.org for publication descriptions and sample communications to use with your members.
In-Person Programs: Exponent Philanthropy can present, for no fee, the following in-person programs designed for leanly-staffed funders for United Philanthropy Forum members:
- The 10 Minute Impact Assessment – A Framework for Discussing Your Philanthropic Impact
Exponent Philanthropy staff will facilitate this interactive session where participants will use Exponent’s 10-Minute Impact Assessment tool to identify areas of strength and opportunities for increasing philanthropic impact. Participants will gain tips, learn about new resources and have access to a framework that facilitates impact discussions in a wide range of philanthropic organizations.
- State of Small-Staffed Philanthropy
In this program, Exponent Philanthropy staff will share the benchmarking data resulting from their annual survey of leanly staffed foundations. This program will cover trends in grantmaking practices, foundation operations, compensation of foundation staff and consultants, investment trends, and foundation governance.
In exchange for the programming and staff time dedicated to preparing and participating in the above sessions, United Philanthropy Forum members agree to:
- Reimburse Exponent Philanthropy for reasonable travel costs
- Cover meeting space and any food and beverage costs (F&B is not a requirement for these programs)
- Share information about the program with their members with ample lead time
- Share participant contact information with Exponent Philanthropy and provide permission for Exponent to follow up with participants one time about the benefits associated with being part of the Exponent Philanthropy community
Timing is dependent on Exponent Philanthropy staff capacity. Other Exponent programs may also be offered. Please contact Cynthia Schaal at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possibilities.
Discounted Access to Exponent Philanthropy Webinars
Webinars: Exponent Philanthropy holds webinars approximately monthly on a wide range of topics of interest to grantmakers who practice philanthropy in a lean fashion. Exponent Philanthropy will offer a $20 discount on the non-member registration fee to United Philanthropy Forum members and their members. Participating United Philanthropy Forum members agree to communicate information about Exponent Philanthropy webinars to their members. Most webinars are $45 for nonmembers to participate (before the discount). Use discount code: FORUM.
Foundations 101 Webinar Series. In 2018, Exponent Philanthropy will introduce a five part webinar series based on its highly popular Foundations 101 Full Day Seminar. Special pricing is being developed for this particular series and more information about this series will be available in early 2018.
Discounted Access to Exponent Philanthropy Conferences
3. Exponent Philanthropy will offer a $100 discount off the nonmember registration fee for its annual fall conference (National Conference in even years; CONNECT Conference in odd years) to United Philanthropy Forum members and their members. Exponent’s 2018 National Conference will be held on September 28-30, 2018 in Philadelphia. Participating organizations agree to send out a dedicated email to their members at least eight weeks before the date of the conference. If you are interested in offering this to your network, please contact Jeanne Metzger at email@example.com.
Through a special arrangement with Bromelkamp Company, we offer our members a 5% discount on Akoya.net grants management software for private/family, public/community or corporate foundations. This fully-integrated solution allows you to manage contacts tracking/CRM, grants and scholarships, as well as fundraising and fund accounting (optional) in a single system. Designed in Microsoft Dynamics, Akoya.net products are user-modifiable and customized to meet your foundation’s needs.
For more information about Bromelkamp Company LLC and its software attend a free 60 minute webinar from 2:00pm - 3:00pm “Bromelkamp Company Software at a Glance”:
Thursday, May 31, 2018 or Wednesday, August 29.
The Forum has partnered with ClickTime, a leader in nonprofit timesheets, to offer a 66% discount on its time and expense tracking services to regional associations and your members. Thousands of grantmakers and other nonprofits use ClickTime to increase efficiency, ensure compliance, and better manage programs and grants.
The Forum staff have begun using it and it's been tremendously helpful. The package includes:
- 60+ Pre-Built Reports
- Mobile App
- Complex Billing Rates
- Timesheet Approvals
- Time Off
DIRECTORS & OFFICERS INSURANCE
Directors & Officers liability insurance provides financial protection for a foundation and its directors, officers, employees, and volunteers in the event of a lawsuit. The Forum endorses the D&O liability insurance program provided through Aon Association Services and underwritten by The Hartford.
The Forum-endorsed D&O program is available to all grantmaking foundations as a service to the field. Coverage is available in all states. Brokers can access the Forum’s D&O program through Aon Association Services.
A discount is available to foundations with current membership in a regional associations of grantmakers.
Learn more at: www.insurefoundations.com and contact Jason Tharpe, program administrator at Aon, at 202-429-8561. To obtain the discount, foundations should let Aon know they are a member of a participating regional association.
THE FOUNDATION REVIEW
Quovo provides endowments, foundations, and advisors with an elegant web dashboard that aggregates their investment accounts – across custodians, portfolios, and managers – and generates a suite of tracking and interactive analysis modules on top of the data. This easily configurable, modular Quovo portal empowers staff, CIOs, boards and advisors to get real-time answers to key portfolio questions that once required considerable paperwork and coordination.
Quovo empowers non-profit stakeholders to:
- Get an-at-a-glance view of their allocation across asset classes, institutions, and managers. Find out where your money really is.
- Easily track performance and risk, as well as view “worst-case” and “what if” scenarios.
- Visually assess how well they, or their managers, are tracking to expectations and investing policy statements .
- Check in on how they’re doing, and if investments are going off track versus goals or policies - at any time, for any time period, and all online
Quovo is used by foundations who:
- Are juggling multiple external managers or have assets at multiple institutions/accounts and want to keep tabs on their portfolios
- Want to reduce the effort and overhead of coordinating across multiple managers, accounts, and institutions when it comes to examining and reporting on their investment portfolios
- Are looking to give their advisors an easy access to point to examine and review their whole portfolios (or any part) over time
New Quovo clients who are AGM members receive 20% discounted off the first two years of their Quovo subscription. (For a new Quovo client to qualify for the terms of this Partnership, the client must have first heard of Quovo or initiated contact as a direct result of Forum or AGM communications promoting Quovo, including but not limited to e-mails or online posting on the Forum or AGM website.)
The Forum has teamed up with ReadyTalk to bring you easy-to-use audio and web conferencing at great rates! ReadyTalk brings affordable conferencing services to nonprofit organizations by helping them concentrate on the content of meetings, not the tools. Our goal is to simplify and increase participation regardless of technical savvy, geographic location, or computer type. ReadyTalk is dedicated to the nonprofit community and specializes in the unique challenges facing organizations of all sizes and causes.
An Ideal Conferencing Solution for Forum Members
- Toll-Free, “reservationless” teleconferencing: Calls up to 150 participants can be convened instantly; no need to schedule a time
- Operator Assisted and Broadcast Audio: Fully supported audio conferences when participation tops 150
- Easy web conferencing: Show slides, share documents, or host webinars with no required downloads
- Recording/playback: 1-click recording and the ability to host with ReadyTalk, share recordings via social media channels or embed them on your website for playback
- 24/7 Live Support: Live technical support and training
How can you use it?
- Save time and money by cutting down on travel
- Convene webinars to generate interest in programs and initiatives
- Organize board and chapter meetings
- Recruit new members and volunteers
- Provide orientation and training
- Record advocacy appeals to be sent out in newsletters
- Disseminate information to geographically-dispersed members
- Additional features include desktop annotation, five polling functions, and more. Streaming video will be added later this year.
How much does it cost?
- 4 cents/ minute/ participant for teleconferencing. There are no monthly fees to get this great deal.
- 6 cents/ minute/ participant for web conferencing. The Forum suggests that RAs evaluate unlimited web conferencing options compared to ReadyTalk offers through TechSoup.
- $49/ month for unlimited web meetings with up to 2000 participants at a time. There is no minimum time commitment and you can canel at any time. If you have several webinars a year that may exceed 24 participants, then the Forum recommends this option. If not, consider signing up for ReadyTalk through TechSoup and for teleconferences through the Forum.
STANFORD SOCIAL INNOVATION REVIEW
AGM members are eligible for 25% off a subscription to Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR). The discounted rate is $39.95 for a one year print plus digital subscription for U.S. subscribers who subscribe online with credit card.